Chocolate Delight at Bâton Rouge
LGH Foundation's Bâton Rouge D.D.O. Fundraiser Raises $67,000!
The Lakeshore General Hospital (LGH) Foundation is thrilled to report that more than $67,000 was raised at their 2nd annual event held in partnership with Bâton Rouge restaurants. “Chocolate Delight at Bâton Rouge” took place on March 26th, 2012 at Baton Rouge Dollard-des-Ormeaux and 100% of the proceeds will go directly to upgrade the LGH Pathology Department and benefit West Island cancer patients.
The event was hosted by the fabulous Chantal Desjardins of CJAD 800 and Randy Tieman of CTV Montreal was fantastic as live auctioneer. Well-known personalities and celebrities were also in attendance:
· Geoffrey Kelley, Minister Responsible for Aboriginal Affairs and MNA for Jacques-Cartier
· Yolande James, Minister of Families, MNA for Nelligan
· Francis Scarpaleggia, Member of Parliament for Lac-Saint-Louis
· Mayor Bill McMurchie of Pointe-Claire
· Mayor Ed Janiszewski of Dollard-des-Ormeaux
· Mayor John Meaney of Kirkland
· Mayor David Pollock of Beaconsfield
· Councillors Catherine Clement-Talbot and Jim Beis of Pierrefonds-Roxboro
· Councillor of Kirkland and LGH Foundation Director Tony Di Gennaro
· Councillor Rhonda Massad of Beaconsfield
· Councillor of Pointe-Claire and LGH Foundation Director Dennis Smith
· Peter Fletcher, President of the Lac St-Louis Conservative Party
· Michel Gibson, Vice-President of Lac St-Louis Conservative Party
· Shea Emry, linebacker for the Montreal Alouettes
· Nick Di Tomaso, Chairman of the LGH Foundation Board of Directors
· Ginette Latreille and Joseph Broccolini, both Directors of the LGH Foundation
Guests enjoyed a silent auction and chocolate tastings courtesy of Suite 88 Chocolatier, as well as wine tastings from Barefoot Wines and tea tastings from David’s Tea during the cocktail hour. An exquisite four-course dinner followed, along with entertainment from YouTube sensation Nonna Maria & Friends.
The true highlight was the exciting live auction. Some of the amazing items up for bid included memorabilia from the Montreal Canadiens and Montreal Alouettes. A Jean Beliveau hand signed Vintage Jersey sold for $5,000! Thank you to all who bid generously.
Baton Rouge D.D.O. owners John Frintzilas and Jimmy Sotiropoulos generously donated the food, the open bar, and service at no cost to the Foundation, and as a result, a true 100% of the proceeds from this evening will go directly to the Pathology department. The LGH Foundation is also very grateful to the terrific Bâton Rouge staff for volunteering their time for the evening.
Thank you to our donors, participants, sponsors, and volunteers, who all helped to make the evening a success, including the event sponsor McKesson Canada. Thank you to Sanofi who made a $5,000 donation to the LGH Emergency Room, not included in the grand total.
Thank you to the following donors for their contribution for the raffle and the auction:
Hemsleys Jewellers Suite 88 Chocolatier
Lindt Chocolatier MedEquip
Winnie/Sir Winston Churchill Pub J.Sonic
Mansfield Club TSN Radio 990 Blueberry Lake Resort
Rialto Theatre Arthur Murray Dance Studios
Les Délices Lafrenaie Just For Laugh
Centaur Theatre CTV Montreal
Imperial Sports Blush Lingerie
Spa Réflections Marcelle – Annabelle
Artist Yvon Latreille 40 Westt
Towne Hall La Serenata
Tiffany’s A au Carré
Canadian Tire David’s Tea
Cosmedica Salon Vibes Coiffure
Pharmaprix Joey’s Limousine
Forum Sports Bar Astral Media
Joe Amar Service Bar MP Francis Scarpaleggia
Senator Larry Smith
For more information, please contact:
Christiane Badaoui, Event Coordinator, at 514-630-2081 or firstname.lastname@example.org