Cardiac Wellness Program
The Cardiac Wellness Program started as a pilot project in 2007. The funds for the project were donated by a private family foundation. Their generous gift was intended to be used for a program with direct benefit to patients. The pilot project was so well received by the medical community and by the patients, that the same donor made more funds available to continue the project in 2008.
The Cardiac Wellness Program consists of educational lectures and a supervised exercise program that continues over a 38 week period. The graduates of the program have grouped together to begin the Friends of Cardiac Wellness fund. To donate to this fund, please download the General Donation form and indicate "Cardiac Wellness Fund".
Testimonials from program graduates:
- The class gave me the strength, both physically and mentally, to get back on my feet again. I feel empowered with hope and knowledge because of this program. - Marla
- I am very grateful. - Georges
- With the help of this program I am able to walk about 3 1/2 to 4 hours per day. - Barbara
- I feel fortunate to have been part of such a program. - Jean
- Thank you to all who have made this endeavor possible. - Harvey