Bâton Rouge Décarie Fundraiser Raises $61,000 for the LGHF!
The Lakeshore General Hospital (LGH) Foundation is thrilled to report that $61,000 was raised at their new fundraising event, “B.R. for the E.R.” sponsored by Uptown Volvo, which was held in partnership with Bâton Rouge. The event was held on March 28th, 2011 at Baton Rouge Décarie, and all proceeds will assist in the updating and rebuilding of the Lakeshore General Hospital Emergency Room. Baton Rouge Décarie donated all of the food, drinks, and the open bar at no cost to the Foundation, and as a result, a true 100% of the proceeds from this evening will go directly to the ER department. The evening was the wildly successful official launch of the LGH Foundation’s ER fundraising campaign.
The event was hosted by the fabulous Chantal Desjardins of the CHOM 97.7 Morning Show, Randy Tieman of CTV Montreal took the reins as the very exciting live auctioneer. Well-known personalities and celebrities were also in attendance:
- Senator Larry Smith
- Francis Scarpaleggia, MP, Lac-Saint-Louis
- Yolande James, Minister of Families, and MNA for Nelligan
- Mayor David Pollock of Beaconsfield
- Mayor Ed Janiszewski of Dollard-des-Ormeaux
- Mayor John Meaney of Kirkland
- Mayor Bill McMurchie of Pointe-Claire
- Councillor Dennis Smith of Pointe-Claire
- Councillor Tony Di Gennaro of Kirkland
- Scott Flory, of the Montreal Alouettes
- Dave Mudge, formerly of the Alouettes
- Andrew Carter of CJAD
- Pete Marier of CHOM 97.7
- Lorne and Louise Trottier
- Dr. Tomas Kaufman, Chief Physician of the LGH ER, and Dr. Fiore Lalla of the LGH.
This event featured superb live and silent auctions, a wine-tasting (courtesy Barefoot and Mosaiq), an open bar, and an exquisite four-course meal.
Our silent and live auctions for the evening featured amazing items, such as:
- A Maurice Richard signed Vintage Jersey
- A Wayne Gretzky signed Oilers Jersey
- A Jean Beliveau signed photo
- A hockey stick autographed by the 2010-2011 Montreal Canadiens team
- A hockey stick autographed by Mike Camalleri
Many congratulations to the individuals who won their favourite items.
Thank you to our donors, participants, sponsors, and volunteers, who all helped to make the evening a success, including Charles Hammer of the Charles Hammer Automotive Group, and Pierre Spinelli and Elise Savard of the Spinelli Group.
A special thank you goes to Peter Gianopoulos and Dean Tallini of Baton Rouge Décarie. As well, thank you to the Baton Rouge staff for volunteering their time for the evening.